Digital Sovereignty Workshop Series - Push and Pull within the EU
Workshop 1/3: Academic Insights – Member States Strategies
To all researchers interested in the topic of Digital Sovereignty in the EU
Together with Jamal Shahin, Ivy Yang is organising a three-part workshop on Digital Sovereignty (DS) and its application in selected EU member states. This series of workshops is supported by the VUB/UNU-CRIS Chair in Digital Sovereignty, the UNU-CRIS Digital Governance Cluster, and the EUTOPIA Network. The goal is to explore the conceptualisations of DS at the EU member state level, and subsequently assess how this is connected to the EU’s discourse on Digital Sovereignty.
This first event focuses on academic debates in the field. It will be a virtual event taking place on Thursday, 24 February 2022 from 9:00 to 12:00 pm CET. A group of exciting speakers whose research examines the notion of Digital Sovereignty through the specific lenses of the Baltic States, France, Germany, Italy, the Netherlands, Poland and Slovenia will be present.
- Professor Dr Tanel Kerikmäe, Tallinn University of Technology (TalTech), Estonia
- Professor Dr Mitja Kovač, University of Ljubljana, Slovenia
- Dr Joanna Kulesza, University of Lodz, Poland
- Dr Mauro Santaniello, University of Salerno, Italy
- Dr Clément Perarnaud, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
- Professor Dr Paul Timmers, University of Oxford/European University Cyprus
- Dr Johannes Thumfart, Vrije Universiteit Brussel, Belgium
UNU-CRIS is looking forward to a platform to connect and stimulate conversations among different stakeholders working on digital governance in a regional policy setting. Your attendance is very much appreciated at this timely workshop. After the presentations from our speakers, there will be a broader discussion and opportunity for Q&A, where we would also love to hear your insights on these issues. Interested? Please sign up through this link. If you have any questions, please directly get in touch with Ivy Yang at email@example.com and Jamal Shahin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
No events found.