Flood Knowledge Summit 2022 – From Risks to Resilience
In close collaboration with UNU-MERIT and UNU-EHS, UNU-CRIS is pleased to co-organise the Flood Knowledge Summit 2022 – From Risks to Resilience, taking place at UNU-MERIT in Maastricht on 7 and 8 July 2022.
This is a hybrid event.
Floods are a common environmental hazard, causing loss of lives, economic losses, and livelihood impacts around the globe. At the same time, the recently published 6th Assessment Report of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) warns that such extreme events will further increase in both frequency and severity in the coming decades. Recent flood events (incl. those in Europe in 2021) have revealed significant gaps in
- our understanding of the multiple risks and impacts of such extreme events;
- the awareness and risk perception of the population;
- early warning, preparedness, and emergency responses;
- risk insurance and how insurance and finance instruments can support building back better;
- adaptation and transformation needs;
- cross-border and multi-level governance of climate risks and resilience.
In order to meet these challenges and build societal climate resilience, increased collaboration and exchange of experiences as well as innovative solutions are urgently needed. The Flood Knowledge Summit 2022 is the first summit to address these gaps through a multi-stakeholder approach. It will take place from 7 to 8 July 2022 as a hybrid event at UNU-MERIT in Maastricht, the Netherlands, with pre-events targeting youth on the days before the summit.
For further information and registration, please click here.
No events found.