BOF Doctoral Scholarships
UNU-CRIS is pleased to announce that Ghent University, one of its strategic partners, has launched this year’s call for three PhD Scholarships for research at UNU-CRIS.
The scholarships are initially awarded for 2 years. After an intermediate evaluation, a second term of (maximum) 2 years can be granted. The aim is to obtain a doctoral degree within a time span of 4 years. Please note, these scholarships are very competitive and only people who have outstanding proposals and excellent study results will be considered.
UNU-CRIS welcomes in particular proposals that fit one of its research programs, but other proposals that relate to the UN and its goals may also be considered. Proposals that focus on the regional dimensions of the following are particularly encouraged:
- Climate governance
- Multi-level governance
- Subnational governance
- Sustainable development
- Migration governance
- Trade governance
27 April 2020 (23.59 Belgian time)
In order to ensure your application receives the UNU-CRIS label (more information below), please contact us by 20 April at the latest. Inquiries received after this date may not be considered.
1 October 2020
The amount of the scholarship is approximately € 2.175 per month, depending on the family status of the scholar. Based on the advice of the Research Council, a bench fee of € 7.440 (€ 310/month) will be awarded to the supervisor per term of 2 years.
- By the start of the fellowship, candidates must hold a master's degree from a university in one of the countries of the European Economic Area or Switzerland.
- The master’s degree must have been obtained no earlier than 3 years before the closing date of the call.
- Only for candidates with excellent study results visible in their academic transcripts.
- Only for candidates with an excellent command of the English language demonstrated through a writing sample.
- No restrictions on nationality or age.
Further information can be found at: https://www.ugent.be/en/research/funding/bof/doc/candidates.htm
Required UNU-CRIS Label
A statement by Dr. Philippe De Lombaerde, Director of UNU-CRIS, should be added to the application form, in which he supports your application. Dr. De Lombaerde can be contacted by email via Management Assistant Pascale Vantorre (email@example.com), with the UNU-CRIS Policy and Communications Officer, Andrew Dunn (firstname.lastname@example.org), in CC. More information can be found at: https://www.ugent.be/en/research/funding/bof/doc/unucris.htm