UNU-CRIS co-organises the Workshop on "Regional and Constitutional Structures in Tension"
The aim of the workshop is to interrogate possible tensions and interactions between regional organizations and constitutional law. Particular attention is paid to the increased prominence of constitutional language at the regional level. The project intends to unravel the power dimensions behind the dynamics of such constitutional discourses, including asking questions about its productive and representational qualities. The key point of discussion will be the extent that constitutional frameworks of regional organizations, in Africa, Latin America, Europe, Asia and Eurasia, reflect the existing power dimensions in the region.
Both Philippe De Lombaerde, Associate Professor at Neoma Business School, France/Associate Research Fellow at UNU-CRIS and Micha Wiebusch, UNU-CRIS Visiting Researcher will be present.
The other co-organising institutions include:
- Swiss National Science Foundation
- Global Studies Institute, University of Geneva
- iCourts - The Danish National Research Foundation's Centre, Law Faculty, University of Copenhagen
- German Institute of Global and Area Studies (GIGA)
- Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
- The Institute for Global Law and Policy (IGLP), Harvard Law School
The Workshop in Geneva will be a start of a longer-term research project in the domain of comparative constitutional regionalism.
For further information, please click here.
No events found.