Vacancy: Trainee Management Assistant
The United Nations University Institute on Comparative Regional Integration Studies (UNU-CRIS) in Bruges is currently looking for a Trainee Management Assistant starting on 1 September 2017. The duration of the traineeship is negotiable, but most preferably lasts until the end of December 2017. The position is based in Bruges, Belgium.
As a Trainee Management Assistant you will
- assist the day-to-day tasks of the Management Assistant, the Research Assistant to the Director and the Financial and Administrative Officer.
- support office staff in their preparations for upcoming events.
- assist office staff during the events.
- assist staff with administrative and other tasks as needed.
- provide assistance to staff members within the context of ongoing projects.
What we are looking for:
- You have at least a Bachelor’s degree.
- You have a strong interest in administration and organizing events.
- You are dynamic and eager to contribute to the activities organized by the United Nations University.
- You thrive under pressure and you are able to act quickly and efficiently.
- You are proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite and preferably have experience with the Adobe Creative Suite.
- You possess excellent English writing and communication skills. Fluency in Dutch (oral and written) is an asset.
- You are willing to work in Bruges for the duration of the traineeship, which is on a full-time basis.
What we offer:
- Experience in a challenging, dynamic and international working environment.
- Working with highly qualified staff members who have various professional backgrounds.
- Access to the network of UNU-CRIS partners, including other UN institutes and some of the leading universities and non-governmental organizations globally.
- A (basic) training session on Adobe InDesign and Photoshop.
- The traineeship is non-remunerated, but (local) commuter costs will be reimbursed.
- If you are holder of a final diploma, obtained by an institution of secondary or higher education, financed or subsidized by the Flemish authorities, there is a possibility to subsidize your traineeship: http://www.fdfa.be/ftp
How to apply:
Please send your application in 1 PDF file (a filled out UNU-CRIS application form, detailed CV and motivation letter) to email@example.com no later than 18 August 2017 at 16.00 CET. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview at the UNU-CRIS’ premises in Bruges on 24 August 2017. All applications will be treated with full confidentiality.