Anthony Antoine, Acting Director UNU-CRIS, is delivering a speech at the UNU Action Debate: 'High Time for UN Reform', Maastricht, 6 March 2017
Anthony Antoine, Acting Director UNU-CRIS, is delivering a speech in a panel discussion at the UNU Action Debate: “High time for UN reform?” High-Level Reflections Ahead of the ‘Global Challenges Prize 2017: A New Shape’.
This is a joint research and training institute of Maastricht University and United Nations University.
The debate will map out the future of global governance, dealing with:
- What lessons, if any, has the UN system learned from the Millennium Development Goals?
- Should the new UN Secretary-General seek a root-and-branch reform of UN structures and governance?
- How can UN member states, like the Netherlands, help to solve global challenges?
- What are possible new forms of global governance?
- How can existing or new structures engage citizens in governance and help them to feel better represented?
The UNU Action Debate will take place in the aula of the Maastricht University on Monday 6 March 2017, from 18.30 – 20.00.
Everyone is welcome to attend.
Please click here for further information.