- EU cultural and science diplomacy
- European Neighbourhood Policy
- EU multilevel governance
- M.A., International and Diplomatic Sciences-European Studies, University of Bologna (IT)
- M.Sc., International Relations, University of Bristol (UK)
- B.A., Political Science and International Relations, University of Rome ‘La Sapienza’ (IT)
Riccardo Trobbiani is Project Researcher at UNU-CRIS within the H2020 project ‘European Leadership in Cultural, Science and Innovation Diplomacy’ (EL-CSID). He mostly researches on EL-CSID Work Package 5, which looks at the regional and inter-regional dimensions of EU cultural and science diplomacy. He also coordinates external researchers, supervises interns and reports on project results.
Riccardo was previously at UNU-CRIS as Visiting Researcher (February 2016 - January 2017) and Research Intern (September 2015 – January 2016), cooperating with various projects run by the institute.
He also worked as Academic Assistant at the College of Europe, where he helped coordinate and manage the European General Studies programme, taught tutorials on research methodology and EU affairs and researched on multilevel governance and the role of regional and local authorities in EU policy-making.