- EU cultural and science diplomacy
- European Neighbourhood Policy
- EU multilevel governance
- M.A., International and Diplomatic Sciences-European Studies, University of Bologna (IT)
- M.Sc., International Relations, University of Bristol (UK)
- B.A., Political Science and International Relations, University of Rome ‘La Sapienza’ (IT)
Riccardo Trobbiani is Project Researcher at UNU-CRIS within the project ‘European Leadership in Cultural, Science and Innovation Diplomacy’ (EL-CSID). He mostly researchers on EL-CSID Working Package 5, which looks at the regional and inter-regional dimensions of EU cultural and science diplomacy. He also coordinates external researchers, supervises interns and reports on project results.
Riccardo was previously at UNU-CRIS as Visiting Researcher (February 2016 - January 2017) and Research Intern (September 2015 – January 2016), cooperating with various projects run by the institute.
Since January 2016, Riccardo is also Academic Assistant at the College of Europe, where he coordinates and assists visiting professors holding top positions in international organizations, academia and the private sector. His tasks include teaching tutorials on research methodology and EU affairs, organizing events in both content and logistics, and acting as an intermediary between professors, students and administrative services.